View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 17:46

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

"I'm surprised they're focusing on obesity rather than behaviour and performance. These suffer, too, when kids eat sugar all day."

They're not focusing on performance and behavior because studies "prove" there is NO link between sugar intake and ADD/ADHD or any other behavior problems. (I've heard this so many times it's sickening)

I know a lot of parents who would disagree with this....including me. On my son's first birthday, my daughter got up early and fed him his birthday cake....well, the icing off the cake. It was the first time he'd had sugar....and he was so hyper it was scarey! (Did you ever see the show "dinosaurs" where the baby ate all the sugar and then said "im vibrating".....well that was my son). He looked and acted like he was on speed!

I once read an article about how to tell if your child has ADD....and it was unbelievable! Talking about the kids being hyper early morning, then quieting down....then acting up again early afternoon....quieting down late afternoon. Then having trouble sleeping after dinner. Gee.....I wonder if anyone ever thought to check their blood sugars!