Thread: Meridia
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 16:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I took Meridia for a while about 4 years ago. One of the things that is disconcerting about it is that it is not really understood just exactly how Meridia works. My doctor came right out and told me when he prescribed it "Doctors aren't sure why this medication works, but it seems to for some people". For me, it seemed to act mostly as an appetite suppressant. I didn't eat as much, and sometimes I would go nearly all day without eating and would not feel hungry. I would have to MAKE myself stop what I was doing to eat. I did lose about 25 lbs on Meridia, however the minute I stopped taking it I gained every bit of it back because I started feeling hungry and eating more again. Most insurance plans will NOT cover Meridia, and I was paying about $114/month out of pocket for it. After I stopped taking it, I heard that there could be fairly severe medical issues related to Meridia usage.

Only you can decide if it's right for you, however I have lost better and more consistently on this WOL than I EVER did on Meridia.

Robin