View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 15:27

Plan: CAD maintenance
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 123%

Thanks, Sona. I think my body digests SA like regular sugar, so even if I tried a SF approach to the reward meal, it would be the same as having a real sugar treat anyway lol. But what I like about this plan is that you can tailor it however you want, whereas Atkins is pretty strict... which inevitably leads to a cheat.. then a binge. I think what also appeals to me about CAD is that it promotes portion control/balance to some extent. On Atkins, I felt like having a free for all, all day, even when I wasn't hungry, as long as it was "legal". I really only get hungry at mealtime, but I kept hearing that 6 minimeals and snacking was good for you, and so I did that, and never felt satisfied. I like the idea of 3 square meals.

Can someone please tell me how this looks for a menu? I am on maintenance, not looking to lose any.

CM: 1 can sardines in olive oil, 2 scrambled eggs, spinach

CM: salmon filet, romaine lettuce and cucumbers, olive oil and vinegar dressing, mushrooms

RM: chicken in some sort of creamy sauce, broccoli and cauliflower, 1/2 cup white rice and sliver of Lawler's turtle cheesecake, cucumbers and tomatoes for salad. (can I put some ranch on this or not?)

THanks for all the replies!

Edited to add: Since I'm on maintenance, can I have a snack? (I believe it's plan A that lets you have a snack?) I was thinking a slice of mozz cheese and some prosciutto.