View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 11:03
Slowly I turn

Plan: Atkins restart 3-17-10
Stats: 195.5/170.6/135 Female 5'5
BF:48%/37%/20%
Progress: 41%

Sharon, You've come to the right place for support and help. Do you have a way of eating that you follow? Like Atkins or South Beach? If so, maybe you should start by rereading the book. What helped me start is to find all the foods that I love that are allowed on induction. I always have them on hand and I whip something up that is tasty and allowed on this new way of eating. Cheese omelets, turkey burgers, chicken with cheese and bacon. Snacks, hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, olives, celery with creamcheese. Real whipped cream with splenda. Nuts after induction. Make a list of all the foods that you can eat and stick with just that. Post it on your fridge and if you are traveling, carry a small personal cooler with you. Fill it with stuff that you can eat. I also keep track of how many carbs I eat throughout the day. That keeps me from over indulging. A lot of times I eat a lot and don't even make the 20 carbs. Do it for yourself. Just start. After the first two weeks the cravings for the junk food will be gone. Don't have anything around you that will tempt you. Just surround yourself with the foods you can have. If you just eat from those, you will lose weight. Drinking water is a big key. Helps flush the fat out. You can do it. Just start and we will help you along the way. I don't think I would have such a good attitude if I did not have all these wonderful people to help me. GOOD LUCK, you can do it!