View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 09:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/143/98 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: -22%
Unhappy Very Depressed About Weight - Trying To Get Back On The Wagon - Need Help!!

Hi All,
I am ashamed to say that I have been trying to low carb for over 3 years and am weighing more now than when I started - I am feeling very depressed and hopeless - I feel like I will never lose this weight -
When I first started the diet I lost about 15 pounds over a period of 3 or 4 months - Then I broke my foot and ankle and just layed on the couch and ate - and gained quite a bit of weight back -
Then I started menopause and gained more weight -
Then a friend of mine had a heart attack and I was going out of town 3 to 4 days a week and helping with the inhome care - I also work a full time job - I ate on the road a lot - and gained more weight -
From the stress of all this I got shingles and was layed up again for about 3 months and ate and gained more weight -
I might add that I am an emotional eater - When I am nervous I eat - when I am depressed I eat for comfort - When I am sad, etc. - Plus I am a sweet- aholic - so I definetly eat the wrong things to comfort myself -
Right now - none of my clothes fit - I am Italian and very short (under 5') and I just keep getting wider and wider - This is embarrassing - but I have always had the pear shape - large busted and what I felt like I was hefty in the rear and thighs - but now they are beyond hefty they have just gotten huge - I am a real humpty dumpty - I look like I could just roll down a hill - Just a few years ago I use to wear a size 4 or 6 and I have just kept going up and up in sizes over the last few years - Now a size 12 is too small and this feels like the last straw - Keeping in mind I am under 5' tall -
I am on the road a again - my friend that had the heart attack - had a relaspe so I am traveling again - but this time only 2 or 3 times a week - because I don't want to have a relaspe myself with the shingles - Actually I still have the shingles internally - they have cleared up outwardly - but still having problems with the nerves inside healing - I tend to feel very stressed and emotional at times - and so I eat!
I have probably tried to restart low carbing about 100 times and will make it a couple of days and then - blow it and have to start all over again. But in the mean time my weight keeps going up instead of down.
I guess I am just hoping maybe someone out there reading this has had a similar experience with falling off the wagon - and could give me some incouraging advice to help me get on track and stay on track - I am not a person with much will power - or self descipline - I wish I was - So I know for me to do this and stick to - it is going to take a miracle.
Like I said for years I use to wear a petite 4 or 6 and I can't even imagine getting back to that size - the more depressed I get - the more I eat comfort foods - I am feeling pretty desperate - especially after weighing myself this morning and was at 135 - Now this may not sound like a lot - but for someone as short as me - a person who does not carry weight well at all - a very small frame - I look like I am at least 60 pounds overweight instead of 38 - Actually my normal weight use to be 97 - (and I didnt even look thin then), and that wasnt that long ago but it seems like ages -
I could sure use some advice and incouragement -
Thanks Sharon
Sponsored Links