View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 08:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

For me:

I do plan ahead. Bring my own cream and splenda for coffee places or if I'm going to a family functions with dessert I'll make a lc cheesecake or something else I can eat. If I'm going to be on a plane I carry a small cooler with premade celery with cream cheese, chicken salad, lunchmeats, cheese and/or pork rinds and of course water. I'm not embarassed to ask someone what they plan to make if I'm invited to dinner. I'm committed to doing this and I don't ask them to make anything different I just bring something I know I can eat and of course enough for everyone. (the host is not required to serve it, of course, I just think its not very nice to bring something only for your self.

I gave up the carb smart ice cream and RS SF candies (basically anything with sugar alcohols) and the weight started to come off again. Took me a month and a half to commit to doing that. I love sweets, but I've been obsessive about looking at these boards as well as others to find alternatives that are Atkins friendly and not made with things that stall me.

I do exercise 6 days a week but I've done that for a long time prior to Atkins so I don't look at that as what has helped me on Atkins but I'm sure it does.

The number one thing I would say that I had to get over was the "fear of fat" that Dr. ATkins talked about. Because the more fat I eat the more weight I lose. Just discovered that this week and I"m 3.5 pounds less for it.

I haven't been afraid to try things that sound weird like, faux mashed potatoes or zuchinni hash browns, flax seed, soy flour and yes, pork rinds etc.

Good luck to everyone. Everyone is different of course and this WOE can be tweaked to fit your body and lifestyle it just takes commitment to figure out what that is. I'm quite sure IMHO that ATkins DOES work for everyone, they just have to figure out that one size doesn't fit all. The book is great and will teach you a lot but it wasn't until I came to these boards that I've really learned how to make this fit me and my life hopefully forever.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and information. These boards are awesome.