View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 17:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/106/106
BF:
Progress: 100%

Betsy Jane -

I am so sorry that happened to you. The Carbtopia brownies suck, suck, suck! I am so sorry that I ordered them for my low carb store.

I made them for a weekly low carb dinner group. The comments were: tastes like dirt; tastes chalky; where's the flavor?; can taste cinnamon but nothing else; tastes like (bad) dark bread

WARNING! The frosting is just as gross. I thought, "Low carb frosting! How cool!"

But no. It thickens to a pudding consistency. Gelatenous. The one we tried was chocolate. Gritty.
Are you ready for the grossest comment of all? It looks like when you have bronchitis and you drink hot chocolate and then hack something up.

I (of course) called the company and told them my concerns. (That there wasn't a flavor, that it tasted like they forgot to add sweetener, that the directions say "2 C" of mix, yet there's more than that in the bag, that it didn't specify pan size...)

The company rep said she was so surprised! The brownies are a best-seller! (Well, of course they are. The packaging is adorable. But I can guarantee there are not repeat customers).

She said they have a no returns policy. (Hmm... I wonder why?) She also said someone would call us back. We're not waiting any longer. We're calling on Monday.

Thanks for letting me vent,

Tammera