View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 14:56

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 145/117/120 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:

Are you thoroughly confused yet, Crystal? I think, to summarize, what you need to know is that low carbers don't use any milk at all - I don't keep it in the house, although I love it (I live alone so I can get away with that) and that you should only use cream that is at least 33% butterfat.

Cream is one of the staples of my diet. I go through a couple of litres every week. Some examples of how I use it are:

1. I pour it over sugar-free jello.
2. I mix cream with ricotta cheese, a little sweetener, some vanilla and some cinnamon to make a kind of "mock rice pudding."
3. I also mix cream with ricotta cheese, sweetener, a tablespoon each of unprocessed bran and flax meal, and a few frozen raspberries. This makes a good breakfast cereal substitute, or I often have it as a bedtime snack.
4. I use cream mixed half and half with water to replace the milk in baked custard (also replace the sugar with a sweetener, of course). I make six custard cups at a time and often take them for lunch at work. I have a nice recipe for this; let me know if you would like it.
5. Many, many dessert recipes use whipped cream, mixed with cream cheese. Check out the recipe section.

Those are just a few ideas. I'd be here all day if I were to tell you every single way that I use cream in my daily meals. I couldn't do this way of eating without it.

Karen D.