#8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 10:03

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congratulations

Go for the full:-))

Time is does not matter when it is about mini/half or full Marathons. It is the FINISHING:-)

The reason, the motivation for me to start a Marathon training was NOT to see the winners, the Masters on races, but to see enthusiastic finishers:-)

Here is a quote from my gym log about this:

"When I started to run I did not have any race goal: simply wanted to fight back the first signs of aging. My dream, to be part of the Marathon magic was born one year ago, 100 yards from the start/finish line of SD Marathon.

We were sitting there with my husband, waiting for our son (he was running the full Marathon). It was 10:30 AM – 3 hours after the start of the Marathon, and 3 ˝ hours after the start of the half Marathon. The pro/master and fastest amateur Marathoners already arrived, but still hundreds of half-Marathoners were on the road. To finish this 13 miles course over 3 1/2 hours means mostly walk. No, it does not mean any less accomplishment, effort. It simply means a different way to overcome this obstacle. They arrived running, jogging, walking, limping, sweating, in solo, in couple, in family, in groups. Old, young, slim, curvy (in 4-40% BF range), healthy, ill – very diverse group, but with the same enthusiasm on their faces: “I DID IT!” Who cares about time, competition… They ALL DID IT. They all were part of the (half)Marathon magic. The spectators were enthusiastic too (as I experienced on many other races) giving a cheer, shouting encouriging words, applauding even for the ones who hardly could walk. Oh my… How much I wanted to be among them! Sweating, limping, but finishing.

That was the moment, when my dream was born: "I want to be there, among them!” I turned to my husband, pointing to the finish line I told him: “Next year I will be there.” "

mrschmelz, congratulations again, you are a great inspiration for all of us:-)

See you in Boston??