Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 09:04
I'm Losin' It

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAREN X 2
I had read in various posts that on Atkins you might end up a smaller size at a higher weight than when eating low-fat.

IT'S TRUE!!!!!

About 12 years ago I started a low-fat diet weighing 190 lbs. When I say low-fat, I mean very low fat. I literally starved 60 lbs. off in 4 months. I ended up feeling soooo awful that I swore I would never do that again. I then proceeded to eat myself back up to 273, all the while vowing that being thin was not worth the torture I went through eating low-fat.

Then a friend started Atkins in a last-ditch attempt to avoid the gastric bypass surgery her doctor was pushing her to have. After seeing her success, and reading DANDR cover to cover a few times, I finally let myself believe that there might be a glimmer of hope. I am so glad that I took the risk!

Anyway, at the beginning of that horrible low-fat diet 12 years ago I measured myself. I had saved those measurements all those years in a small notebook, and when I started Atkins I used the same notebook to keep track of my measurements. After my usual Sunday morning weigh & measure I happened to glance back at my starting measurements from 12 years ago. I am the exact same size now that I was then, 20 lbs. lighter! Actually, my thighs are 1/2 inch smaller!

Go Atkins!

When I began I set 150 as my goal, afraid to set my sights too high for fear of disappointment. Now I'm hoping that I might actually be happy at 150.

But this time I know that I can reach my goal in a much healthier, happier way, and actually make it permanent!

I've just finished my 3rd mo. Your right, in prevous lo fat/lo cal diets I would weigh 140 at goal and be a small 14. So when I would read about all the posts of being 185 and being a 14 I was amazed and confused. BUT last week I bought a pair of used 14 jeans in a style I like and they FIT. Thats not to say all 14's fit, but those did and that made me happy