View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 22:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

I've always been used to snacking any time of the day. But I found after having kids I began to be more of a closet nighttime eater. I would always wait until the kids went to bed and then it was my time to have seconds on dessert or something I knew was around that there wasn't enough for "everyone" to have as dessert so I'd save it for ME. It also was a time to "unwind" from the pressures of the day and I'd have my coffee, Yes I used to drink caffeine late at night too, with my treat. It became somewhat of a ritual for me. I still have my ritual but on a much smaller scale, now it's with a small LC treat of 3 grams or less with decaf. I think if you're not ready to change the habits of late night eating, then taylor the foods you do eat to be less dangerous and you'll be fine. Of course, my first suggestion would be to drink a glass of water first and see if you're still hungry in 20min but late at night that will just make you want to get up and use the potty. Maybe instead you could go for something with more fat as Dr. Atkins says that helps fill you feel fuller. Protein works too. Then save a bite or two of something sweet (1 carb portion of an atkins bar or something) to finish off with so you fool your tummy and tongue into thinking you just ate more of that goodie then you really did. That's one thing I did on induction. I'd cut atkins advantage peanutbutter bars or those apple cinnamon white chocolate covered bars into quarters. When I wanted a treat I'd have my decaf or water and 1/4 bar and take tiny bites and savour every bit of it. I rarely ever even ate a whole bar a day but it was enough to know that I could have my quarter bar that evening and enjoy it. Good luck, Annie