View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 20:38

Plan: adkins
Stats: 142/139/127 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress:
Default Day 5 having a tough time

Looking for a little pep talk...I am new to this Adkins diet and having a tough time with it. I do not have a lot to lose (about 13 pounds) but on a small frame (Only 5'3 )every pound counts. I did weight Watchers a few times and was successful but really felt like the point counting was not a lifestyle I could maintain and the 15 pounds would creep back up. Now that I'm over 40. even harder to lose. So I am trying this diet. However I am a veggies/grains kind of gal and all this meat sort of disgusts me. When I read the Adkins book it said no fruits and veggies during the first 14 days. I mean one carrot was 8 carbs! Its making me crazy. I really don't know if I can stick with it. And I yearn for just a little something sweet. I am confused because I read some of the responses on the Forum where everyone has jello but the carb count on the box would send me over my limit. Help please I have a lot will power and drink lots of water, just am not thrilled with so much meat. Does it get better after the 14 days? Also I am usually a person with tons of energy and this diet is dragging me down. Thanks for all and any advice.
Sponsored Links