View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 08:40

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

It's good to air these things A serious discussion should never be apologized for. Everything on this thread was stated with obvious respect and should be accepted as such. Nobody needs to delete anything IMO.

At first I was as apprehensive about going into somebody elses journal as I would be walking into their house and yelling *Hi honey! I'm home* without so much as knocking.

I was surprised when the first person posted in my journal. But like all new cultural influences, I realized that the net in general, and this board in particular isn't much like anybody's home, more of a *club house*.

And in a club house, I would expect that any member could walk into any room at any time, and looking at if from that perspective made it ok for me.

Too bad we can't delete any message in our own journal , but I'm sure the technology can't flex to that specific an authorization, without letting us delete any post in any thread . I'm sure some day, it'll come. .

PS one point tho - sometimes really good discussions get going or good questions are asked in a journal from which the whole membershp would get benefit. I've known Wa'il to be able to disentangle such a thread and start a new one somehow.... That's a GOOD thing.