#12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein's Diabetic Solu
Stats: 230/190/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome Big John

I wanted to be a hippy but dad wouldn't let me. I was involed in someting that had to do with the Vietnam era, but was too young to understand any of it. I wanted to protest but again dad said no, then came woodstock, yep dad said no. Of course I was only 8.

I got my revenge in the late 70's early 80's of course by then all you original hippies had already done it first and probably done it better.

I too live in the woods, for the same reason as you. born and raised in detroit.

You have found a good place here.

I am diabetic, a newbie to the disease. the first thing you have to do is get your blood sugars under control, then your weight. As you loose weight it will be easier to get your blood sugar controlled and as you control your blood sugar your weight will be easier to manage.

As far as diabetes goes, do lots of research and stay low carb. The ADA put me on a low(er) carb diet than one I was used to and the weight just started to disappear. I have since lowered my carb intake even more and have gained pretty good controll over the blood sugar, most of my readings are now in the very low 100's to mid 90's and the occasional high 80's.

Carbs are posion to a diabetic. Walking is very important, at least 30 minutes each day, preferable 30 minutes after each meal.

Try reading Dr Bernsteins revised and improved Diabetes solution. It works!

Post in my journal if you ever want to talk

Never cut your hair and never change the color of your neck! We hippies have to stick together