#13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 23:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
You can actually buy machines that you poor the cream in and it whips it for you, making it just like redi whip. I think it even puts it in some kind of aresol.

I like redi whip, but that's basicaly sugar and transfats, both of which are unhealthy.

Redi Wip is Cream, Milk, and Sugar. Cool Whip is made entirely from Hydrogenated Oils [Trans-Fat] and Corn Syrup. I avoid Cool Whip entirely, but I will have Redi Wip on occassion. But, only the Extra Creamy, which is made with Heavy Cream.

As for the Sugar content...let's figure it out:

Heavy Cream, Nonfat Milk, Sugar, Mono- and Diglycerides, Flavors, Gum

Fat = 2.5g (4%)
SFA = 1.5g (8%)
CHO = 0.50 - 0.75g
Protein < 0.50g

2.5g (4%) Fat = 7.75g Heavy Cream
1.5g (8%) SFA = 7.25g Heavy Cream

Mono- AND Diglycerides aren't considered Fat and thus aren't counted under the Fat and SFA Content. The only ingredient containing more than a trace of Fat is the Heavy Cream. So, about 7g out 8g has to be Heavy Cream. Since the Serving Size is 8g, that leaves 1g for the rest of the ingredients.

0g Protein < 1.5g Nonfat Dry Milk
0g Fiber < 0.5g Carrageenan
7g Heavy Cream = 0.2g CHO

This means there must be between 0.30g and 0.55g of remaining Carbs. These would come from the Nonfat Milk, Sugar, Mono- and Diglycerides, and Flavors. Up to 0.5g of those Carbs could be Fiber from the Gum. 1g of Nonfat Milk would contribute another 0.52g of Carbs. Since Nonfat Milk appears first, there must be more of it than Sugar. So, the amount of Nonfat Milk must be more than 0.5g. That amount would add 0.26g of Sugars. That leaves 0.04g to 0.29g of Sugar, Mono- AND Diglycerides, and Flavors. Since, we cannot know how much there is of the last 2, we can figure that there is no more than 0.29g of Added Sugar per serving, in addition to at least 0.46g of Lactose in the Cream and Milk.