View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 22:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 306/293/199 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress:
Default Belly...

I am close to 300 lbs. right now because I was in a serious car accident that limited my mobility for close to two years. I was used to going to the gym twice every day and was unable to do that for two full years. I gained nearly 100 lbs.

Prior to the accident, I was down to around 200 lbs...this was after being as high as 400 lbs before. I was 400 lbs about 5 years ago and (having not even heard of Atkins) lost it through diet and exercise over the period of three years. When I finally reached the 200 lb. level, I had a ton of extra skin hanging from my stomach and chest. I researched and asked around and found that the only solution is to get a $10k surgical procedure done. With the skin flapping around I couldn't even bring myself to go shirtless in public, so I started considering the surgery.

Then the accident happened.

Now, I'm back on my way down losing the weight again. Once I reach my goal weight I have already set aside the money to pay for the surgery.

I hate to sound like a bearer of bad news, but the hanging loose flabs of skin only gets worse the more weight you lose. Some people come to accept it, but the only way to rid yourself of it is surgically.