View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 13:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

Hello Big John
Welcome to the forum! And the Triple Digits Club!

You know what, you really can be off those meds if you keep with this. You will find more and more that letting the carbs alone for a while will bring those sugar levels DOWN DOWN DOWN. I know from experience.

Yes, the first 4 days are a nightmare! That is the withdrawal symtoms of the sugar. But I promise you that by then end of induction you will see tangibal results in how you feel and most likely how much you weigh.

There are so many great people here and that will help you through the hard times. But I guarantee you that the hard times will get easier and easier as each day passes.

Better count on getting your old job back because in 6 months you will be able to pick the one you want without any problems.

My advice for a newbie, is to start a free www.fitday.com and input and monitor your food and weight goals. Also, others will be able to see it if you make it public and comment or help you when you run into problems.

Use this site and start a journal where everyone can see you and stop in to say hello and give you encouragment.

Be sure to make sure your Dr. knows everything you are doing and check to be sure all the supplements you need do not interfere with your current meds.

Take your measurements RIGHT AWAY. This was huge for me and gives so much encouragement.

I wish you all the best of luck, but really luck has not much to do with it, it is DETERMINATION, to be a better YOU. And from your post is seems you already have that.

See you around.