View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 12:23

Plan: LC Lifestyles Plan
Stats: 333/240/190 Male 6'0"
BF:31.5%/26.95%/8%
Progress: 65%

kyrasdad,

My stats from fit day are that I burn 4511 calories per day - so if it's high by about 500 then 4000. I generally consume the same amount of calories as you, between 1500 and 1900 per day (sometimes a few more). So my deficit is somewhere between 2000 and 2500 calories a day.

Based on that I am losing 3.5 pounds per week. I think that there must be something more to the speed of the weight loss than simply the numbers. I think that genetic makeup influences how fast we lose. I have had the 3 hour glucose tolerance test recommended in the book and found that my blood sugars were elevated after 3 hours indicating that I don't process carbs very well. I think that is why my body responds so well to this diet. It could be that you are simply more metabolically resistant than others are to this WOE.

As a side note - I agree with you about amount of calories per day. You may try upping it for a test period - it does help some people lose. Try it for a week and see what happens, a week should be enough time to figure out if that is the problem.

I too am very comfortable on this amount of calories - I don't feel deprived at all, nor do I feel stuffed ever. I love the lack of carb cravings!!!