View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 08:27

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%
Thumbs up Boots stocking "real" LC food!!!

I went into Boots in the City this lunchtime with a friend who was getting a sandwich and lo and behold spotted the "Atkins" logo on a salad type pack with the "net carbs" sign and number of carbs displayed just like on Atkins products!!! I immediately started grabbing the packs to see the variety and I must say it's not that bad at all!!!

A tad pricy and not an everyday buy (I have just had the Gourmet prawns and honey roast salmon salad = 4 net carbs for £4.30!) ingredients are prawns, free range egg, honey roast salmon, mixed leaves and cucumber with lemon and cracked black pepper dressing. The lowest carb pack was 2 net carbs for the chicken salad and the highest was 8 net carbs (don't remember what it was for). There were only about six choices but still a start ey??? I sincerely hope it's the end of the DIY lunches that one has to pack everyday to work! With a two year old to "pack" off the nursery every morning, it's becoming harder to make lunch as well and this is therefore a handy and easy alternative (although pricy!)

Just thought I'd share .... if anyone else has posted already sorry for the double info!
Sponsored Links