View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 13:35
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I know what you mean alto, and these are my thoughts on it...

Just by virtue of posting in a public forum, there will be feedback and comments - some annoying, silly, insightful, great, repititious, funny, explosive.... Some people don't need the "WTG" stuff and some love to give it because that's how they get their support. Some need it, and they will find it here, because there are others who are willing to give it. Some only want the meat and disregard the "fluff".

Just like in a physical community, different personalities and behaviours come through. While we strive to keep the forums free of flames, slagging and name calling as well as keeping posts in the right place, that's about it. If you start creating too many public rules, you'll have a dictatorship that no one will be comfortable in and the community will leave for friendlier places.

Quote:
I've been doing the same thing myself before I realized the long-term effect it could have.

It will help the community grow. There are lots of lurkers as well as active posters who may experience what one person deems insignificant as profound. 'Ya never know!

Karen