View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 15:55

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

Hi Doogie,

I usually workout in the morning also, although before my weights I have had my porridge and scrambled egg. But there isn't enough time for it to effect my system properly.

I dont go into these workouts thinking I will lift lighter, I just stick to the weights I have been doing regardless and never really have any problems.

But you should adjust it during the workout if you feel a 10 coming on sooner

On the heavier weights/bigger muscles thing, I posted a link to a gymnastic paper in the general exercise forum (look for a post by londanian I think it was called 'strength v stamina' or something) it is in there. It was originally posted by LisaS.

Anyway it goes on about the different types of weight training and the effects on strength and muscle size.

Summary:
Very few reps and heavy weights (1 rep max and all that): Better strength least muscle increase (ideal for gymnasts, all the strength without the bulk)

then there is the 8-12 reps x 3 sets type lifting and the loads of reps, smaller weights type lifting: Both of these produce very similar results, less strength but more muscle mass.

Have a read of it, see what you think.

Mike