View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 12:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Karen, I think you have a guest pass

All of these responses are very interesting, I think. Scotlass, isn't it amazing that people will accept anything as long as you say you're allergic to something? Nancy, at first I just chuckled at your response, and then I thought, well, you are one of the lucky ones that can eat whatever you want and stay slim -- because whatever you want is lowcarb food

Karen, I guess I'm where you were at the beginning -- saying no wheat (and I really can't tolerate it), or any refined sugar or flour products explained things at my first-lunch-out yesterday. But this was a friend who's so used to my dieting, she understood that.

I think the horrified comments from well-meaning friends come from some of the things Atkins says -- "steaks dripping with fat, all the dressing you want on your salad, vegetables slathered in butter, all the cream and cheese you can eat." When it's put that way, it makes it seem as though LCers are just looking for a legal way to binge. When it's phrased as you put it -- moving away from refined foods -- more people can understand it. (I can believe you've become a guru )