View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 14:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/126/120 Female 5'4
BF:26%
Progress: 67%

Okay, since no one here seems to be worried that I'm just eating too many calories, I guess I'll just keep going like this and see what happens. Yes, I'm drinking loads of water, and I love chiles, so I'll try adding those (do they really boost metabolism?) ... I'll try to shake up my workout routine a bit and maybe add an extra 15 minutes of cardio every day. BCbeauty: Yes, I've read DANDR, but here's the deal: I'm staying away from dairy because I think I have an intolerance (always makes the TMJ flare up), and nuts scare me, because I'm definitely one of those people who can't just have a small handful: If I start, I finish the whole bowl. Living in France, there basically aren't any special low-carb products. I'm getting all my carbs from vegetables, which I like because you get a lot of bulk for the price. What would you suggest I add, if anything? Berries, maybe? I'd rather eat a big head of broccoli than a wee little teacup of berries, so unless there's a really strong argument for introducing new foods, do you think I'll do myself any nutritional harm by sticking to meat and vegetables and oils?

As for whether my shape is changing -- not really in the past 10 days or so, but I'm aware that this is a long-term project, not a crash diet. As long as what I'm doing will work sooner or later, I can be patient.

Thanks for the encouragement, folks!