View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 11:08
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I know I'm 15 lbs. short of this club, but I'll throw in my $.02...

When people started asking me what I was doing, I told them I had cleaned up the way I ate. No sugar, white flour, or any refined products. Eventually, I let LC out of the bag.

If I come across people who are really down on LC, I tell them the benefits I have experienced, describe what I eat, and ask them to find fault with it. They can't. Especially when they see me eating big fluffy salads with some meat and look down at their plate which contains a pile of French fries, a glass which contains Coke, and a body that crashes between 3-5 p.m. everyday.

The people around me started following my example. I've even met a few people who started LC because of an article I wrote for a well-read local paper. Right now, there are seven people I know who are successfully following a LC WOE. I've become something of a LC "guru" in my circle.

Last night the GM and I were standing at the bread station. I was eating a piece of butter, and he was eating a piece of bread with no butter and telling me that it was going to eventually catch up with me. In two years, I've lost 70 lbs., and he has gained at least 25. I wonder what will catch up with whom?

We know this is right by the way we feel - which you have to admit is pretty incredible! Look upon the naysayers as life-sucking trolls. Works for me!

Karen