Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 09:59

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imber
Galadriell,

I was just watching Fellowship of the Ring while doing a bit of house-cleaning and I thought of you. Just wanted to log in for a bit and thank you for all of the advice lately. A friend and I have agreed to do the Crim this August. I'm nowhere near ready for a marathon, but I am going to do a smaller race...and whether I run it or limp over the finish line dead last, I'm going to finish it!

Imber
Imber,
go for it!! This Crim seems to be a well organized event, and 10 miles is a nice challenge. It is easily achievable even with the most careful slow approach.

Among my advices should have been: register to a challenging race. There is nothing more motivating than a race sign on your fridge:-)))

About Marathon. After you finish a 10 miler, you want a new challenge, to finish a half-Marathon. After a half-Marathon you want again a new challenge, to finish a Marathon.... You are so young, you have plenty of time:-))

You live in a wonderful place. What would I give for similar nice trails... Treadmills are devil's machines. Taking away all the joy of running... I do not have problem to run 3+hours outside, but after 30 min I am suffering on a treadmill. I am fortunate, here in South CA you can run 350 days/year outside, but I understand the need for inside running in less fortunate places:-)))