View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 05:17
Modified :)

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

I did my first trial UBWO yesterday to try and work out what weights to use for different exercises when I start properly on Sunday and although I did really well on the chest exercises, I ended up trying things too heavy to be 5s on almost all the others..... they all felt fine for the first 5 or 6 reps, but towards 12 reps they were anything but 5s! But that's why I'm doing a little experimenting Ended up running out of time as well so skipped biceps completely - It's free parking outside the gym till 8am but I arrived later than I wanted to and it took longer cause I was experimenting with weights etc, and didn't want to have to run out half way through workout in my gym gear to put money in the parking meter! I'll make sure I get in earlier tomorrow for my LBWO!

Did the treadmill today for HIIT CV - my first time on a proper treadmill, I've only ever used manual ones before where the belt goes the speed you're running rather than you going the speed the belt goes I need to mess around a bit more with that to work out where my range is - I was calling 7 kph a 6, 10kph for a 9 and ended up bumping to 15 kph for a 10, but I think I could've gone further for a 10 and should've done a wider range for the others.

Anyone any suggestions on how to do treadmill since it has 2 variables - speed and gradient (whereas bike only has resistance) - should I just stick with one gradient and increase speeds, stick with a higher speed and change gradient or a combination of both?

Cheers