View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 00:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

It's very simple, really. We don't keep that much in the house that would actually tempt someone (6-year-olds can eat all kinds of junk no one else would want to touch ). Additionally, when there is something 'tempting' we just ignore it until it goes away, which it always does.

To top all that, though, I think about what I'll feel like if I eat something I shouldn't, AND think about the weight lost so far and I don't want to lose that progress.

My husband's dad passed away a couple of days ago and we had the funeral today. It was so hurried no one had time to prepare anything to eat. There was a table full of crap: tortilla chips, macaroni salad, potato salad, hot dogs, buns, cupcakes, cookies, and just about everything you can imagine that a person doesn't eat on LC. I got myself a plate, threw on a wiener, found some mustard and dill relish (unsweetened kind), then dug around until I found a little cottage cheese. I looked at my plate and thought, 'No wonder everyone thinks those of us on Atkins eat nothing but eggs and bacon.'

Later on, the mom-in-law dug some breaded fish out of the fridge and heated it in the microwave. I cleaned the breading off and ate that. I've found that after months of eating like this, the lure of all that other garbage just doesn't last for more than an instant. And if I give in in that instant, especially in front of a lot of family members who "just can't live without 'their' bread, potatoes or whatever", I'm just giving some of them what they want, and I'm just too rebellious to do that.

Now hopefully at least part of that made sense. I am a bit rummy tonight--too many nights, not enough sleep.
Sponsored Links