View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 00:58

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi DesertRose (great name by the way). Your post really struck a chord with me because your situation sounds a lot like mine. I've also been a thin person all my life until about two years ago, when I suddenly found myself putting on weight. It's been difficult for me to adjust to the concept of dieting, since all my life I've been able to eat anything without gaining weight. Unfortunately food is now a major issue in my life, and I've also had to put up with criticism from friends and family. I really want to show them that I can do it and that I can be the person I used to be; confident, happy, and in control of myself and my body. I know exactly what you mean about the clothes as well. Not being able to fit into clothes that fit a year ago, going shopping and finding that you've gone up a size, buying 'temporary' clothes in bigger sizes, having two wardrobes - one with clothes that you want to wear, and one with clothes that you have to wear until you shrink. It can all get quite depressing but I guess that also makes me more determined to get out of the rut I'm stuck in. Anyway thank you for sharing your motivation, I just wanted to let you know that I definitely know where you're coming from.