View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 15:41
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default atkins...do you think the plan needs some updating?

I started out on Atkins...technically, I am on Atkins. But I am reading about other low carb plans and I think I should incorporate some of the rules of those into my plan, like I have been posting about yogurt a lot on here. Only some people have been receptive to this idea. The Go-Plan involves at least a cup of yogurt a day, and they want you to focus on lean cuts of meat and stay away from red meat. Kind of a healthier Atkins, with less emphasis on strict carb reduction. They say stay under 50 carbs and you're golden. Atkins stresses that you NEVER cheat, but I think that the Carb Addict's Diet could be useful to someone who wants to eat "real" food on their birthday or something. Just for that day. I know my birthday is coming up, and while I am not planning on going apesh*t at Los Reyes and eating 3 burritos and drinking a pitcher of margaritas..but I plan on just not counting my carbs that day, eating basically eggs and salad for breakfast and lunch, and eating tortilla-less fajitas, having wine, and maybe some fruit for dessert at the restaraunt. Atkins just reminds me a little too much of Weight Watchers sometimes in how they focus more on the carb/point value on things and not on what it is IN your food. Maybe my health ideas are just evolving, I don't know. Tell me what YOU think.
Sponsored Links