View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 15:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/126/120 Female 5'4
BF:26%
Progress: 67%
Default Stalled -- should I cut calories, or wait it out?

Hi Everyone,

I had a great two-week induction, with a nine-pound loss, and then entered what I guess is a fairly predictable post-induction stall. About ten days on, I'm still stalled. Here's my question: I'm still eating nothing but induction foods (I like them), no nuts, dairy, artificial sweeteners or Frankenfoods, tons of water, taking supplements, and I'm keeping carbs at or under 20 grams, all from vegetables. The ketostix are turning purple. I feel fine. But I'm eating about 1,800-2,000 calories a day -- as I was during induction -- and I'm wondering if this is just too much. Frankly, I get really, really hungry on less, ketosis or no ketosis. In fact, even at this level I'm still feeling pretty hungry, which is odd -- I wasn't really hungry at all during the first two weeks. I work out daily and am quite active, so I reckon I'm burning about 2,500 calories a day, or at least that's what Fitday thinks. Would you guys recommend cutting back on the calories, or should I just keep going as I am and be patient? I don't want to get so hungry that I'm miserable or prone to binging, but I don't want to kid myself that I'm doing the right thing if I'm just plain overeating.

And does anyone have any idea why I'm so hungry? Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 6 oz. Smoked Trout
Lunch: Medium hamburger with tomato, 1T mayonnaise and 2 c. field greens with a dash of olive oil, 1 clove garlic
Dinner: 8 oz. Chicken stir-fried with 1 c. spinach in 1 T each olive oil and mayonnaise
Snack: Medium can of tuna with 2T mayonnaise

Seems to me that should fill me up, but here I am reading low-carb recipes on this site and positively drooling! What's up with that?
Sponsored Links