#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 13:49
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%
Default Baby Boomer's Lament

I am going to be moving in a few weeks and was going through some old things to see what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to get rid of. I found my old baby album--and I mean OLD, since I was born in 1946. I am one of the original "baby boomers" born in the first year after the end of World War II. As I flipped through the baby album, a hand-written recipe for baby formula fell out. It was in my mom's handwriting. I guess they didn't have canned or powdered formula back then, so she had to make her own. I am pretty sure the doctor gave her the directions on how to make the formula. The recipe called for the following ingredients:

Canned Carnation milk
White (light) Kayro syrup
1 egg yolk
2 drops of baby vitamins

Now I realize this may have been the best they could do back then if a mom couldn't nurse or didn't want to, but geez, what a way to start out in life. Can you imagine drinking that for the first two years of life? I was a REALLY pudgy baby. Then went through a skinny phase after I reached puberty and then gained weight again as an adult and have been battling the battle of the bulge all my adult life.

I did some research and found out that a lot of vets and cat and dog breeders use this recipe to fatten up puny pups and kittens. Only problem is ---I am not a puppy or kitten and I don't get as much exercise as they do!
Sponsored Links