View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 19:42

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Oh, gawd. The higher reps, lower weight thing is a total MYTH. It gets told to women because most women are afraid of 'bulking up'. Eventually, it gets said so much that people believe it. Check with TrainerDan if you like. It simply isn't true.

That being said, I think it's up to you what you want to do. If it's BFL, do it and ignore the trainer. If it's their program, cool. Just as a caution, however, my trainer tried to seel me nutrition bard where three of the first 5 ingredients were forms of sugar. Even if you're not LC, that bar was crap.

As for BFL working for women, have you seen my pics? And are you tracking your BF percentage? Gaining, and/or not losing, can be *really* frustrating, disheartening and downright depressing. If you keep track of your body fat percentage, you'll know if those lbs are muscle and water (very likely and good) or fat (time for diet tweaking).

Look for my post called "Link to C1 pics." I most certainly female, and this program definitely worked for me. I dod not do higher reps, lower weights. I lifted, forgive the stereotyping, like a man.

I'm hard to catch for the next few weeks, but if you have any more questions, I'll do my best to help.

Cheers,

Friday

P.S. working out 2 hrs a day for how many days a week? Sounds like catabolic over-training to me.