View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 18:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/180/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:
Smile

................................ " The nutritionist said that because muscle weighs more than fat that my weightloss is water and muscle only. I wasn't expecting quick weightloss, but I also wasn't expecting to gain 2 inches on my waist and 1 inch on my theighs and then an inch on each leg. I have been following the diet exactly how I should and for some weird reason it just isn't for me. I have been doing some research on the web and there seems to be a couple other people out there that had a similar problem. So for now I think I am just going to give the body for life plan a try and see if that has enough carbs in it to get my system back to normal, knock off these inches and hopefull keep me full too. Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful support and advice.

I appreciate your frustration Sinergy girl, I just wanted to comment on the thing your nutritionist said about muscle weighing more than fat. This has been at the center of debate for years, but as my medical doctor told me, a pound is still a pound anyway you slice it.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat, any more than lead weighs more than feathers. A pound is a pound is a pound. Where the misunderstanding often comes in is that muscle is much more dense than fat, so that, by volume, it seems to weigh more. That is, a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat. In addition, because a pound of muscle burns more fat than a pound of fat, even at rest, by increasing your lean muscle tissue mass, you're helping your body burn more calories.

Also, I know you are convinced the diet is your problem, not your solution
and there have been many that have supported that theory for you.
My doctor suggested this diet for me when I asked, and that has been part of my motivation, but you have to go your own way.

Good Luck on body for life. I have respected Bill Phillips and his ideas and all that he does. I have followed his magazine Muscle Media for years, and have the "Body of Work video, and others.

It's pretty straight forward and simple, with an awesome cheat day built right in, but the time in my life I tried BFL, was very bad, so I never was able to get through it.

Just my ramblings! Good Luck!