#13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 14:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/225/190 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I'll never buy regular ketchup again!!

A friend (ok, it was my mother) brought me back 6 bottles of Heinz OneCarb from Florida. It ROCKS. Virtually identical to the original. Same colour, smell, taste. I couldn't tell the difference in a blind taste-test. It might be slightly thicker, but that's really splitting hairs. It's even cheap - a 14oz bottle was just US$1.69

I can't believe all those other l/c ketchups missed the mark by sooo much. I thought Walden Farms was revolting. Atkins & Keto were slightly better. Westbrea is a tastey tomato product, but ketchup it ain't. To my taste, nothing is even close to Heinz OneCarb.

I know, I know, it sux that it's not available in Canada. I am told by marketing friends that Canada's requirement for bilingual packaging makes niche products like this uneconomical to distribute here. And to add insult to injury, the label says it's made in Canada! Grrrr. So do what you gotta do - take a trip Stateside, have a 'merkin friend send you some, waddevah - - just get some. You' scrambled eggs will thank you (like my Swiss Chalet chicken just thanked me).