View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 12:57

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

Yeah, what RT and Superflat said! The whole low weight/high reps thing is a myth, as is "toning". "Toned" women are just moderately muscular women with low body fat. How many women with really GREAT looking bodies do you see using the teeny tiny dumbbells? It's just a waste of time. I've worked out on and off for over 10 years now, but I never saw this good of results until I changed a few things:

-increased my protein intake
-decreased my length of workouts
-increased my intensity of training

I do better exercising each body part 1-1/2 times per week as BFL recommends than I did doing a whole body workout 3x/week or a split routine where I trained each body part 2x/week. After this challenge I may split up the routine further and train each body part 1x/week like a lot of the body builders do.

Anyway... sounds as if you are doing great! Hope to hear some kick-a$s results from you so you can throw it in the trainer's face!

edit: BTW, make sure you check out Friday's pics if you haven't already. Perfect example of someone who didn't lose much weight by the scale but made awesome progress on her body shape and performance.

Jen