View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 12:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

To make it reasonably accurate, you really need to count calories too. If you just add back a food, you're adding additional calories, unless you cut out an equivalent number somewhere else.

So, sure, add in 300 calories of chocolate or nuts and you might very well stall. That 300 calories would equal a pound of weight loss in a little over a week.

I think a lot of people cut down their calories on induction, simply because their food choices are so restricted and how many steaks and eggs can you eat in a day? Also, they're probably cutting back on their carb stores a bit too and each carb molecule clings to 4 water molecules, so that's a lot of weight carrying around an extra load of glucogen. At least, that's how I understand it.

Last night I agonized over walnuts in my salad or a little SF chocolate after dinner. Something had to give or I was simply going to blow my calories out. Ok, granted what gave last night was the calories, but at least I'm cognizant of the choices here and if I stall out, I know what did it... TMC! Too many calories.