View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 09:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/138/125 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress:
Angry Encouragement Please

Hey Guys, I finished my 2 weeks of induction. Was pretty proud of myself for just getting through it even though I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted to. I found myself constantly having cravings and having a really miserable time saying no all of the time. I lost about 9 pounds in that time (pretty much all of it the first week) Anyway, my husband was going away on business for awhile so I took a break for 2 days and didn't do anything crazy and didn't scarf down carbs. I had a little coleslaw and had 2 pieces of pizza and a bowl of cheerios the next morning and everything else was pretty much "carb free" Anyway, I thought I would go back to low carb this morning but when I weighed myself this morning I was back up 6 pounds!! I am very frustrated because although I realize that low carb is a way of life, I want to be able to have cheat days now and then and am very discouraged that one or two days of "cheating" will wipe out everything that I have worked for so hard. I am hypothyroid also and know that this is more difficult for me to lose weight than the average person but it is really ridiculous. I have done slim fast, weight watchers, and starved myself and really when I eat normal it is not normal for other people. I thought that maybe low carb was my answer but now I am thinking that it is not. I really would be happy if I lose 15 pounds but they are the hardest pounds that I have ever seen. I haven't been working out as much as I normally do while on low carb because I was feeling really lightheaded and dizzy and was worried I would pass out. This just seems so hard. I feel like I am at square one again and I did work so hard for nothing. I haven't gotten to the point where I feel good yet eating this way. I do admire you who have gotten to the point where you don't need cheat days anymore but I am not there yet and my cravings won't go away. I get to the point that if I see one more egg, or any more tuna and mayo I feel sick. I know my husband isn't very happy right now because I focus so much on food and he loves to eat so much (he is a normal weight) and I feel like I ruin the whole eating experience for him. I know I am obsessing but I guess I am just looking for answers when I know there are no easy answers so I am just venting. Does anyone else find this way of life really hard? You guys are so encouraging to each other but make it sound so easy. I found it a stuggle every single day and it really affected my mood. Thanks for listening to my rant. Sorry to be so down. Those 6 pounds in two days just blew me away.
Sponsored Links