View Single Post
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 06:56

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
From Breecita: The thing is, despite the fact that if I retook it today, I'd be not addicted at all, I know that I still AM a carb addict. I don't think it's something you can just... get over. You can refuse to give in to it, you can live around it... but it's always there.

Breecita summed it up exactly. I was and am a 100% carb addict. I cannot stop eating sugar or grains once I start--I can't understand how anyone can have just one piece or candy or one cookie and be satisfied. I can easily eat an entire box of cereal at one sitting. I was at an open house recently an there was a whole plate of homemade chocolate cookies. A guy asked his daughter if she would split a cookie with him. I wanted to strangle the guy--I felt like shouting, "Split a cookie?!--you go walk around the rest of the house and watch that entire plate disappear by the time you return!" I will always be addicted and therefore can never eat sugar or grains again. Once I reach my target weight I may experiment with fruit, but that's the extent of it.