View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 21:03
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have brought my BP down from 140/90 to 120/80 in a year with LC and the resulting weight loss (no meds). My cholesterol and triglycerides were slightly high/borderline ... and are now normal. My HDL (good chol) is up. My reactive hypoglycemia (often considered a pre-diabetic state) is under control

If you would like to read an excellent testimonial, here's a story from a young man who suffered a massive heart attack requiring emergency quadruple bypass surgery. Afterward, he gained weight and his cholesterol and triglycerides sky-rocketed despite religiously following a lowfat diet and high doses of cholesterol- and blood pressure-lowering medication. He decided he had nothing left to lose, and against the harsh criticism of his doctors, he started Atkins. STRICT, no cheating. And he quit the meds. Within 4 months, he lost a lot of weight, blood pressure down, and blood lipids remarkably improved.

The thread I gave the link to is in the Low Carb and Your Health category - Cholesterol & Heart Disease section. The thread is titled "Letter to WebMD", and you'll see that he was still doing very well this past summer. And I can also tell you that he has continued to do very well, is off ALL medication ... and recently celebrated his 50th birthday. I know this, 'cuz he's my brother

Hope this inspires

Doreen