View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 01:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

pjaye, low-carbing doesn't mean you have to retire the crock pot. We, too, eat a lot of one-dish meals: casseroles, stir-fries, roasts with veggies, crock-potted roasts, etc., etc., etc. The main thing you need to keep in mind is that if you're doing a casserole, there's always a substitute for the starchy stuff--in my case I prefer cauliflower or cabbage. There's also wonderful spinach casserole that uses nothing but chopped spinach, sour cream, cheese, etc. I modified Grandma's old tuna casserole, mixed it up with the spinach casserole and it's just sooooooo yummy! I also love soups made from left-over turkey and veggies. There are just so many great ways to put food together! Imagine minestrone without the carby stuff in it. And yes indeed--we've made pizza casserole a couple of times, too, and that's pretty good.

LOL at the new discovery of side dishes! We have five side dishes in this house and they are: broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli and cauliflower, cabbage (any way you want to fix it), and salad.