View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 23:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I mostly eat Strawberries. I have them with Whipped Heavy Cream, and they are so delicious. When I first tried them after going LC, they tasted insanely sweet. But, now I've gotten used to eating them. As for other foods, I have Tangerines on occassion. They are relatively low in Carbs. Apples are good as an occassional treat. I really don't care for REAL peaches (I'm too used to the Canned ones dripping with Corn Syrup,) but they're pretty low in Carbs. Some folks like Avocadoes and Olives, though i don't care for them. They're low in carbs. Coconut is great, low in carbs, and high in fiber...It is pretty high in Calories...so, don't overdo the Coconut. I like Cucumbers. They're very low in carbs, mainly because they're 96% Water. I have melons on occasion. But, they are higher glycemic than other fruits, so watch the amounts carefully. I also have a few grapes once in a while, when I'm at the Buffet. Grapes are very easy to overdo, so you need to be extra carefull.

I remember when I was younger, I could down several pounds of Grapes, not to mention several pounds of Bananas, a bag of Florida Oranges, an entire Watermelon, or Several Cantaloupes in one sitting. Though, I would practice some control over how much fruit I ate as it tended to be expensive [with the exception of Berries at my Grandma's Cabin and Oranges once every other year when we'd have Thanksgiving at Great-Uncle's Orange Farm.

We used to drive up from South Florida to my Grandmother's Cabin in NC every Summer. We'd pick up huge bags of Oranges, Tangerines, Tangelos, Grapefruit, etc...A few Watermelons (Red and Yellow,) some Cantaloupe, etc...in Yeehaw Junction. We'd binge on fruit for a few weeks or so once we reached the Cabin. When, we'd run out of Citrus and Melons, I'd walk down the gravel road [that goes up the mountain] and pick some Blueberries, Blackberries, and Raspberries. I never cared for the first two, but I loved the Raspberries. They (Raspberries) grew right at the end of my Grandma's Drievway. The Blueberries and Blackberries grew about a mile down the mountain. We'd walk down and pick them.

Back then, fruit was most of my Carbs and I got alot of exercise, so it wasn't too bad. I took in about 150g a day with about 40g from Soda, and most the rest from Fresh Fruit (Grapes, Melons, Citrus, and Berries.) I only ate about 1 serving of grain a week, so it didn't contribute significantly Carb-wise...