View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 20:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

I have to say that I am really fortunate not to have had any of those gas problems you all talk about. It's probably cuz I'm peranoid of eating too much due to the laxative effect so I savor every bit of it and try to enjoy it right after a meal so I don't find myself trying to "fill up" on it. I've tried the LC russell stover candies, the morning start bars, all the SF Easter candy at Top foods bulk section, the SF Recess PB cups, the red and black vines, the russel stover carmel candies (they taste like rollo candy) the Whitmans LC sampler, the hershey's LC chocolate with almonds, and the chocolate covered peanuts as well as the LC generic whoppers. I've also had ALL the endulge candies. I have to say they were all pretty good. Oh and those PurDelight bars- Yum. I've even had the SF lifesavers and my favoriet...squintz (they're like SF sweet tarts). I need to update my profile cuz I'm down to 152lbs now and I notice that I do stall during my TOM for a couple weeks. I think it's the hormones. It happened right from the start even during induction. I also, (even during induction when I wasn't trying all the LC goodies) had cravings right before my TOM probably due to hormones again. I think that's just something I get to look forward to and being in ketosis isn't going to change it.
As far as baking goodies for the kids, I haven't had the guts to yet! I have made LC sweets and even LC birthday cakes for my husband and one child so far because I knew I didn't have the willpower if there wasn't a substitute for me that was similar. So maybe I'm a mean mom, but they got their Easter candy and I had my LC basket of goodies. Oh man, there's another really good one to try... it's these peanut butter crunchy balls that say they don't cause digestive upset... they're called.."Carb Slim peanut butter crunch bites. they're zero carbs and are made with inulin and erythritol and splenda. So.. I don't know if that's really better then maltitol but they're a new favorite of mine. Annie