View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 18:27

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Welcome to the forum, Tony!

1) I've never used the ketostrips, so can't answer this one for you...others will, though.

2) I would hold off on the sauce until after induction. The first two weeks really should be clean and free of any sugars so that you can overcome bodily addictions to it.

3) I don't think the 1/2 bottle of diet coke will throw you way off. But it's good to go caffiene free. Try Diet Rite or Diet Hansen's sodas. They're made with Splenda and are caffiene free.

4) I wouldn't use the sf gums/mints either during induction...but I can understand wanting to hide the bad breath. They likely won't cause you any problems...but aspartame does stall some people (apparently not you, though )

5) There's a link either at the top of this forum...or on the page somewhere that gives info about contributing. This is a great place!

Yes...you have come to the right place. There are so many knowledgeable and encouraging people on these boards. It is important, though, to make sure you are familiar with what the book says and compare that with the advice given before deciding how to proceed. Good luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS on your loss so far!!!