View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 17:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/197.0/160 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Who/knows/or cares
Progress: 14%

I think having a goal is a good thing, it can help to motivate you and give you a sense of purpose. There is a great sense of pride and accomplishment in achieving a goal. Your ultimate goal would be to lose all of the weight that you want to but you could set your dates in June and September as mini goals. Maybe you won't achieve the weight loss that you want by the time you reach those dates but if you look at the weight that you will have lost by those dates as part of the greater goal I don't think it will be to discouraging for you. Better off than you were before right?

I would also like to point out that if you show up at these events pounds lighter, people will compliment you, it will be a real ego booster and feed the motivation process and encourage you. So try to look at them as opportunities instead.

You could make a game out of it. Go from event to event to event seeing how much weight you can lose to surprise your friends and family. Before you know it you'll be at your goal weight

I have a goal of reaching 155 pounds by the first week of August. That's when my husband and I visit my mom, dad, and brother in Vancouver. The second week we are going on an Alaskan cruise to celebrate our 25th so I want to look good. When I started Atkins I lost 8.5 pounds in the first week and thought no problem but now my weight loss has dropped right off and I only seem to be losing every 10 days. It looks like a very real possibility that I won't make my goal weight by Aug. However my reasoning is that whatever weight I lose will be still be better than what I weighed before I started this WOE.

Even if I only lose ten pounds between now and August it's still a lighter weight than I've been in years and of course I'll still be motivated to lose more until I reach my final goal. My family haven't seen me in a few years so I'm sure whatever I weigh will still be a surprise to them (I haven't said I'm on a diet, I want to wow them). Next goal will probably be set for Christmas to see if I can hopefully lose the rest. We'll see if the other relatives on my husband's side notice a difference

Hope this is of some help. One other viewpoint anyway.