View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 08:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/138/130 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Brit, that was a very interesting article! You will find people that both support and oppose that theory. Unfortunately the research done on LC diets is not Longitudinal so you kind of have to take the studies done, read them and decide what you want to believe. Another problem is that most of the studies done have not been replicated, and have about a million other things causing them to be invalid and unreliable. Maybe in about 15 years we we actually have some research that offers insight to LCing. But until then all you can really do is read what is out there now and decide for yourself. Everyone is different and what one persons body may do anothers may not.

teresamay- Although I appreciate your insight, I completely disagree with you about the cellulite thing. I am only 23, until three weeks ago when I started the diet i had one tiny littly spot on my left thigh where you could see an itsy bitsy dimple when I sat down. Now all I have to do is stand, my rear end, my thighs my stomach, it is definately without a doubt from the diet.