View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 07:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I am A and should not lose on Atkins but I have. So I don't think highly of that book's ideas.

I am not sure how you have determined that you are losing muscle mass or gaining inches in fat.

If you are following the eating plan in the Atkins books exactly, then you are getting an adequate - even rich - protein intake and your body will use that for fuel and tissue repairs, not your existing muscle mass. You could even be gaining lean muscle as your body now has the protein it needs.

When you lose some weight on LCing, partly water and partly fat to begin with, your layer(s) of fat will become softer and kind of 'jiggly'. My favourite word is "flubby" instead of solid. I believe that the cellulite that a person has always had, becomes more visible at this stage of the losing.

You had very little to lose when you began only last month and have already lost 42% of the way to goal. You are actually doing much better than someone of your weight could have reasonably expected.

You have ONLY 7 pounds to go to get to your goal. These will NOT be lost quickly. And should not be, as the extended months it may take, will allow you to really learn how to eat LC for the rest of your life. NOT at Induction levels, but at MAINTENANCE levels.

Any change in eating takes patience and time and so does losing weight. Atkins always said that low carbing was NOT a quick weight loss diet. So anyone who believes it is, is not correct.