View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 18:56
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 205/175/170
BF:
Progress: 86%

Well, Mr. Jenkins, I followed a Sugarbusters type diet, eating only low glycemic carbs, but I'm so carb sensitive, I couldn't stop overeating them! I GAINED WEIGHT ON YOUR WONDERFUL LOW-GLYCEMIC DIET.

I gained weight and did not feel well at all, eating all those low glycemic legumes, fruits and pasta.

I feel great doing low carb. I follow a diet very similar to Atkins, the only difference being we don't have to count low starch veggies. Aside from the veggies, I keep my net carbs to 40 per day, eat lots of very healthy, delicious foods and don't feel "restricted" at all, a term Jenkins likes to use.

I will eat this way forever. My maintenance plan won't be any different than my weight loss plan, so Mr. Jenkins' criticim is unfounded. I may up my carbs a bit, but that's it. This is it for life for me.

I feel great. I'm so sick of all the low-glycemic experts bashing Atkins-type diets. They work!

Oh, and Gary Taubes, remember him? He's the one who wrote "What if It's All Been A Big Fat Lie" for the Times; he's writing a well-researched book on the benefits of a low carb diet. He is such a fantastic scientist, I'm sure it will blow the lid off any remaining criticisms (at least I hope!). I can't wait until it is published!