#3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 16:39

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline
Please tell me what are the so called nutrients contained in white pasta, white rice, or an english muffin that the body will absord like a sponge. You might as well just have a piece of cake for all the difference it would make nutrients wise.

They're talking about glucose, of course. All of this make perfect sense in a body that is primarily burning glucose for fuel. All bets are off, however, once you've switched your body to being a primarily fat burning system.
I also gather that the author of this article hasn't heard of the success that many are having with CKD. I also find myself wondering how they think our ancestors (who more than likely weren't eating 0.5 grams of carb per pound of weight following the hunt) got their muscles from of if they think they were all 98 pound weaklings?

Quote:
a post-workout meal is generally more essential for a triathlete who runs in the morning and cycles in the afternoon than a marathoner who just runs one race.

Hmm...they might want to have a discussion with Dr. Stuart Trager who trained for and competed in an Iron Man triathalon on low carb and did very well indeed for his age group.