Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 14:11
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrie
I don't know if I've ever, in my life, had cereal, milk and juice for breakfast. I've seen it on tv, but most folks I know here in the US eat either something really sugary (frosted honey bun) or something similar to the McD's meal.

When I did eat breakfast, most of the time it was cereal with whole milk and a cup of juice.

The portion of cereal however was always large (because a "normal" serving left me so hungry shortly after), and the cereal was always refined flour and sometimes sugary, and I put like a tablespoon of sugar in it... and lets not forget the banana added...

It's ironic because I hear so much of the person who ate donuts and mcdonalds as a breakfast, but I rarely did that. Sometimes I did, but not always. Usually when I did, it was because it was a treat or something (i.e. day after a holiday, or some other special occasion). Relative to my size, I ate mostly "healthful" foods... lots of fruits, sandwiches (made mostly of bread) juices and stuff like that. I could drink my fill in juice, I was so addicted to it when I came to atkins. Sure I had my share of soda and candy and sometimes I ate incredible portion sizes (but not always... for every day I ate 4000 calories there was anther where I had 1000), but I didn't do this to the point where I could have been 280. I think my eating habits alone probably contributed to 50% of my weight problem (meaning if i didn't have a problem with carbs, I probably would have weighed at most about 220)... the rest was all because its was carbs that made up those extra calories.
My problem was I was very insulin resistant. The "typical" breakfast foods - like the sugar, banana, juice, and cereal (over 80 carbs right there) - these are like poison for me. They store up as fat really easily and also make me want to eat more.