Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 06:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 369/303/220 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Low Carb is like a war not a battle

Hi All,
Yep I'm Still creeping about, I post on here off an on and have not given up on the war on carbs. The biggest thing that gets in my way is the cost and social commitments. I went through the last month of last year during the holidays totally off of the LC lifestyle, and it hurt. Crept back up into the 330's by the end of December, my clothes didn't fit again and I got depressed when money got tight so I couldn't depend on going full Low Carb so I didn't do any at all, couldn't see the point of just sort of doing it.

Then in January I tried again, but again some weeks I was okay for three days, then blow it for two. This is the way it has been since. Every week I was good to stick to the diet four of the seven days, Or I would eat low carb all day and blow it at supper. I limped this way through January, February and all of March. With good intentions, but alas I couldn't hold it. IF it wasn't money it was Lent, (when You can't eat meat or carbs, there is only so much fish to eat) but I never gave up the war though. I still stuck to my Low Carb opinion.

What I mean by that is, I still bought only Low carb bread, Low carb Peanut butter, avoided heavy sugar drinks as a rule in the house. Which seems silly considering that I would be eating a pint of Ben and Gerry when I just had a low carb sandwich for lunch. But yet next week there I was in line with another LC loaf of bread. (like I was fooling myself)

Because I wasn't following LC tightly, I was afraid to watch my weight, I didn't think it was going up anymore (because of the so so carbing, at least not much) but I wasn't sure and didn't want to see. Then Lent ended and I dived back in again, (all those Low Carb commercial help LOL, its encouragement) and this time my wife decided to join me which helps allot.

So I stepped on the scale with one eye open, told myself no matter what I am, I will work down from there. Low and behold I was down to 316. Somehow loosing those battle didn't add up to loosing the war, somehow all those times I did manage to stick to LC diet had payed off and I didn't even realize it. Though I am not down to my previous low of 308, I am not far from it and as I start at this anew it won't be long.

So you can win the war even if you loose a few of the battles, and to me that’s encouraging.
Sponsored Links